Be Part Of The Solution.
Biodegradable bottles: they work, and they’re affordable.
When you choose biodegradable products that are backed by proven research and test results, everyone wins. You get a marketing edge that consumers love, consumers get to feel good about their purchase, and the entire planet benefits from less plastic hanging around for centuries. It’s a win-win.
Casey Container is proud to be launching a plastics solution that has the potential to impact millions. Now that a real solution is here, why would ANY company purchase preforms, bottles or containers that DON’T biodegrade? It just doesn’t make sense – not when it’s this easy.
One caveat: do your homework. Not all biodegradable plastics and bioplastics (aka biopolymers) are the same. Be sure to ask for proof of biodegradability (meaning independent, third-party testing) and proof of the amount of additive (such as EcoPure, if used) that will be put into your product.
We encourage you to learn as much as possible about the available options and how they work before you make a decision. It is well worth the time invested, we promise you.
Sometimes, just knowing the right questions to ask can help you get the answers you need. So, in the spirit of guiding you to them, here is a simple guide.
- Do you use an additive to make it biodegradable?
- If so, do you certify the amount of additive used?
- Does it biodegrade, degrade or compost?
- How long does it take to biodegrade, and what kind of environment?
- Can you provide test data confirming that it biodegrades?
- How much extra will it cost?
- Will it affect the contents in the bottle?
- What’s the minimum quantity that can be ordered?
- Are there price breaks if I contractually commit to a large quantity?
- Is it recyclable?
- Does it require any special sorting or equipment from the recycler?
- What will happen to the bottle if it’s thrown on the road or in the oceans, rivers – not in a landfill?
- What will happen if the bottle is composted and not put into a landfill?
- What happens if the bottle is stored in a warehouse, retail store or my home for a long period of time, like 1-2 years?
- What happens if the bottle is put into a refrigerator or freezer, and then thawed?
- What happens if the bottle is microwaved?
- What happens if the bottle is run through a hot dishwasher cycle?
- Will an acidic product impact the bottle?
If you do your homework before making a purchase decision, you will end up with the best product for your needs. Have questions? Just call us! We’ll be glad to discuss what is happening in our industry with you.