As plastic proliferates, the problems with plastic grows. Plastic recycling problems, plastic pollution, and more. Our goal is to help drive change in how we manufacture and dispose of plastics, to eliminate these problems. We are helping the world learn to change to a better way. A zero-impact way.
The environmental impact of plastic debris is enormous: from billions of plastic bottles that choke our steams and oceans, to the wildlife that eat small pieces of plastic debris that they cannot digest (and then we eat the fish).
We have many ideas unloaded on the public everyday; some of which are highly effective and some are merely useless revenue producers for manufacturers. The vast majority of the public that uses all these convenient products have little or no knowledge of the impact of their choices.
Problems With Plastic
Using plastic bottles that will still be around in 700+ years just doesn’t make sense, no matter what the price is. Neither does using a product that biodegrades in a compost environment, if you can’t get to a compost facility or it doesn’t accept plastic.
We encourage consumers to refer to our website, read the environmental news reports that are widely available in print and online, and make smart choices.
We also recommend that you periodically check this section of our website and follow us on Facebook, as we continue to add noteworthy news and information on plastics and biodegradability.
RESOURCES WE LIKE:
- Plastics Kill: a field report by ESI (Endangered Species International)
- The Blue Death: Disease, Disaster and the Water We Drink
- Plastic: A Toxic Love Story
- War On Tap: America’s Obsession With Bottled Water
- U.S. News & World Report: The Safety of PET Bottles
- TIME: The Promise and Pitfalls of Bioplastic
- The Chemical Composition of Degradable Plastics (Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences)